Highlighted

Problem with UVs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if you could help me with this problem I was having, where I am UV unwrapping a 3d model in Maya 2020, exporting it as an OBJ, and importing it in photoshop for texture painting, only to find that when I open the texture via the layer panel, it shows a tangled mess.

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with UVs

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if you could help me with this problem I was having, where I am UV unwrapping a 3d model in Maya 2020, exporting it as an OBJ, and importing it in photoshop for texture painting, only to find that when I open the texture via the layer panel, it shows a tangled mess.

Topics

Import and export, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you share the Obj we can take a look but it sounds like you need to  have another go at making the UV map

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but Uved a bunch of other objects, but it still shows up tangled

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your file isn't linked correct mate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm ok wait

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oop

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't let me attach files x)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines