Problems creating a mockup

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I'm rather new to PhotoShop, hopefully I'll be able to explain my problem so that it's understandable.
I created several mockups last week without any problems, but now it just won't work.

I've used this tutorial: https://blog.storyblocks.com/image-tutorials/easy-way-create-product-mockups-photoshop/

I created a shape using shape tool that looks like this (the grey part on the screen):
Näyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 11.41.24.png

When I double click that shape it looks like this:

Näyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 11.41.31.png

You can see clearly the shape of the object is not the same as on the screen, it's not as wide.

It even stays like that when I change the shape in the original picture like this:

Näyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 11.50.06.png

This makes no sense to me, I just don't understand what I'm doing differently than last week when there was no problem.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems creating a mockup

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I'm rather new to PhotoShop, hopefully I'll be able to explain my problem so that it's understandable.
I created several mockups last week without any problems, but now it just won't work.

I've used this tutorial: https://blog.storyblocks.com/image-tutorials/easy-way-create-product-mockups-photoshop/

I created a shape using shape tool that looks like this (the grey part on the screen):
Näyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 11.41.24.png

When I double click that shape it looks like this:

Näyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 11.41.31.png

You can see clearly the shape of the object is not the same as on the screen, it's not as wide.

It even stays like that when I change the shape in the original picture like this:

Näyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 11.50.06.png

This makes no sense to me, I just don't understand what I'm doing differently than last week when there was no problem.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2020 0
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are better screenshots to snow everything that's going on:

Näyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 15.12.57.pngNäyttökuva 2020-12-28 kello 15.13.38.pngHere I've turned the square into a smart objects and chosen Edit > Transform > Distort to move the corners of the object.

After that I double clicked the smart object thumbnail. This is what the smart object looks like on its own, it's not the same shape as in the first picture, but a lot narrower.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have created a shape layer a shape layer at one point in  time that your later converted to a smart object layer. When you double click on the smart object  layers's content thumbnail in the layers palette.  Photoshop opens a work document for the smart Object  for you to work on the contents of the smart object.  In you case that PSB document will contain your shape layer.  It is not possible with what you posted to tell the exact Size of the rectangle shape.  It would be best if it hast the same aspect ratio as your mockup laptop display.. It does nor look like the shape layer been distorted to add perspective distortion.  The Smart Objects Layer in the Mockup PSD document should be used to Position, size and add the perspective for the laptop using the layers associated object transform.  That way you can use replace content in the Mockup document to replace the content of the laptop display.  Replacement images need to have the same Aspect Ratio and  size  the Shape has in the Smart Object.  Others you will need to open the Smart Object and fill the object with content contained in the replacement images.  The mockup scripts in  my free package can update Mockup smart object layers using replace content or editing the objects. My scripts have some requirement and some limitations because of how Photoshop Smart Objects Support works.  Photoshop Photo Collage and Mockup Toolkit 

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 28, 2020 0