Problems uninstalling old desktop version of Photoshop (CS6) from macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a new Mac and the operating system (SO 11.1 Big Sur) will no longer support my old desktop Adobe Creative Suite CS6. I would like to do a clean and comprehensive uninstall of CS6 before purchasing the cloud version. However, the uninstaller will not open in my new operating system. I get an error message saying the developer (Adobe) needs to update the app to work with the operating system.   What is the best way for me to do a total uninstall of my old CS6 if the uninstaller will not open?

{Thread title edited by moderator}
TOPICS
How to, Mac, Problem or error

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021
Here's why: the uninstaller has 32-bit components, which is not allowed in Big Sur. So it won't launch.    

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble. You can try using the Creative Cloud cleaner tool to remove Photoshop CS6 prior to installing the latest version when you purchase the subscription. You can check out the steps to use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool here: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's why: the uninstaller has 32-bit components, which is not allowed in Big Sur. So it won't launch.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines