Highlighted

problems with inserting image

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble inserting an object into another window in photoshop. I thought normally you could just click and drag the selected image into another window and it would copy the image. However, when i do this, only the rectangular marquee selection is transfered without the image. what am i doing wrong??? 

If you want to move a selected part of a Layer you need to switch to the Move Tool (V) – which can be done temporarily by keeping the cmd-key pressed. 

Why are you using a tabbed view of the images? 

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

problems with inserting image

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble inserting an object into another window in photoshop. I thought normally you could just click and drag the selected image into another window and it would copy the image. However, when i do this, only the rectangular marquee selection is transfered without the image. what am i doing wrong??? 

If you want to move a selected part of a Layer you need to switch to the Move Tool (V) – which can be done temporarily by keeping the cmd-key pressed. 

TOPICS
How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post the screenshots properly (including the pertinent Panels like Layers), the attached images don’t seem to work. 

Have you tried using File > Place …? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried to place the image but that just drops the entire image on top of the background image. i just want to get the sun glasses without the pool and concrete in the background

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You apparently placed an image of a dog, so what are you talking about sunglasses? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that i placed the image of the dog. that was the first .png image i placed on top of the scenery background. I then opened up another image of sunglasses by a pool, which is what "I am talking about..." and why i have a tabbed view of images. I am trying to take the sunglasses in one image and copy it to the image with the dog. Thank you sir

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend working with Smart Objects in this case, but as the sunglasses-image is a jpg placing it as a Smart Object right away would lead to problems once you mask the glasses (as I suppose you intend to do). 

Still, once you masked the sunglasses, I would recommend converting them to a Smart Object before applying any transformation or Filters. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0