• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with my Gaomon S620 drawing tablet when I try to use it in Photoshop CC 2021

Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased this tablet over the summer, and I could use it without any problems on a Del and on a 2012 MacBook Pro, however I can’t seem to use it on my current 2015 MacBook Pro and I just can’t see why.

When I try to use it in Photoshop, the whole program slows down to the point that it is unusable, which is weird because I have no problem with Photoshop CC if I use it with a mouse or the touchpad. 

So far I have tried reinstalling the tablet drivers multiple times, disabling and adjusting the GPU drawing mode (advanced, basic etc.) in the performance tab, playing around in the brush settings and tried everything I could in Photoshop to make it work, without success. The only thing that seemed to make things better was when I completely turned off the GPU settings, but then Photoshop itself didn’t work properly. I am using MacOS Catalina 10.15, I’ve granted all the permissions in the system preferences for the tablet and the RAM usage has been left on default 70%. 

Processor: 2.7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I feel like it is also worth noting that the very first time when I installed the tablet driver, when I plugged it in and tried to use the pen, the cursor kept jumping on the top left corner and couldn’t move it, unless I used the touchpad. I also tried the tablet in Illustrator and it works much better there than in Photoshop, but it is still not perfect. Also, if I just use the tablet as a mouse then I have no problem.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Ps.: I've also messaged my tablet provider about the issue, they haven't responded yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on PC. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, Photoshop had an update a week or two ago, and installing that update eliminated my problems, everything works fine.

If you update PS and you still have issues I'd reccomend you to send an email to your tablet manufacturer. If you have Gaomon as well, their support team is really nice, they got back to me within a day, but in the end I didn't need their help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines