• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Photoshop 7.0.1 installed on a Windows 7 laptop

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed PS 7.0.1 on my laptop.  While it can open image files, none of the drop down menues work in addition, I'm unable to move the image windows around. The move tool doesn't work at all.  Any suggestions? Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 7 released in 2002?

You could try resetting Photoshop preferences

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  When I do what you suggested to restore preferences, it opens up the Photoshop Properties dialog box shortcuts tab.  Is that what should happen? I went into ImageReady and that seems to be working as expected. Thank you again for any further thoughts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you close Photoshop before using the keyboard combination, before you open it press and hold Alt+Control+Shift and open it while still holding down the keys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ged, I did.  Still the same problem. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be surprised if it works at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you using?

What happens when you try to use the drop down menus?

I have photoshop 7.0.1 running on Windows 10 x64 ver 1909 and seems to work pretty well.

The key is to have a drive that is no bigger or has 1 TB or less of freespace.

Screenshot-(164).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I have the other install on a Win 7 laptop with a 1TB SSD and it works great. The laptop with the problem

also has a 1TB SSD and Win 7.  I'll likely uninstall/reinstall. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a solution, thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, the purpose of a forum is the help others with one's question, and answer.

Could you please share your solution? (I guess partition the SSD)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Virtual Box was installed along with a second licensed install of Windows 7.  When I boot up, I launch Virtual Box and then open PS 7.0.1.  It works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines