• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with update to Photoshop

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having total meltdown with the way layers is responding to updates to last months selections when I use the last editing file to use for changing the various updates to layers! Nothing is working like it use to! Why can't you leave things alone that work good, only changing things to make my life much more complex? ... I'm totally frustratrated with your recent updates & can't figure out how to work around anything I need to do for what use to be an easy proceedure!~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, new version comes with updates so that is why cause some problems if the old version works fine you can revert back to that until new version gets fixed....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Went back to the version before the update that worked & will wait to upgrade to the latest version when they come up with the next upgrade, hoping that my issues I had are fixed so I can upgrade ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read through your post twice and I cannot work out from it what issue you are actually seeing.

One common problem is resolved in v21.2 by going to Preferences > Performance and unchecking "Legacy Compositing". Whether that will resolve the issues that you are seeing, who knows from the decsription above.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, in the latest version I had upgraded to recently, when using an older PSD file with various layers in the file & selecting a layer to change Titles, Names, Dates, etc., I would select the certain TYPE area, it would highlight but the new type I was typing was on top of the old type, not letting me see the type I was changing. I went back to the last usable program before the upgrade & everything worked like it should. Hope this sheds some light on what I was experiencing. I will continue with the non-updated version for now, hoping the next time I upgrade, everything works as it should for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The old unedited version staying in place was one of the symptoms that could be overcome by unchecking legacy compositing. If you get some time, give it a go.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines