• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Processors with below SSE4.2 - I refuse to believe that a company like Adobe can be stupid sometime

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Adobe products since the early 90's. As you know these days a new version of Photoshop 22.0 has been released, but it does not work with processors below SSE4.2.

However:

1. A lot of people installed the new version and began to blame in forums Adobe for the lack of information and time lost with installation and uninstallation of versions. Although I have an older generation SSE4a processor (AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition) when I access Photoshop in the Adobe Creative Cloud application it is mentioned in the Compatibility as "Works on this computer". Good job Adobe! However, if I install it at startup it gives stucks with error. Obviously that compatibility assessment is totally wrong and will create problems in many computers. Fortunately based on plan I can reinstall the previous version.

2. What happens to those who have processors like the AMD Phenom II x4 965 and who remain limited to version 21? In Adobe Creative Cloud the only installation option for testing is version 22. If one with a fairly powerful processor like x4 965 wants to test Photoshop, he has no possibility to install a test version for 7 days or buy a plan later. In other words, you need to change the processor, motherboard and memory, that is, to make an investment. From my point of view this is an incomprehensible aspect from Adobe that simply ignores a good part of the customers. In my opinion in such a situation it is necessary to provide the previous compatible version for trial testing and offer a plan.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?