• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PROGRAM ERROR - Cannot open any file except .PNG or .JPEG

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant open any file that is not either a .png or .jpeg. I work exclusively in .tif, .psd, and various raw camera formats. Photoshop updated automatically to the 2021 version and has been essentially useless ever since including opening from Bridge into Camera Raw. Ive tried the deselecting the graphics card in preferences, disabling graphics card switching, deleting all preferences, updating OS, uninstalling photoshop/bridge, and even completely uninstalling adobe cloud. Nothing has worked. 

Current workspace:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 64 GB

Video Card: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M

Intel UHD Graphics 630

I have gone through the other 28 page post and did not find a solution there. Is there a known fix anywhere?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

SOLVED:

If you cannot open any files on PS20 or PS21 other than jpegs or png you need to install the earlier version of Camera Raw

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Camera Raw 13 totally bricked photoshop from opening psd, tif, cr2, cr3, nef, everything. Camera Raw 12.2.1 or 11.4.1 is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you run the latest Photoshop updates?

Did you give PS permission to access your HD in Mac System Prefs/Security?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop says up to date. Added PS to permissions, restart, still not working. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Graphics Processor in Preferences/Performance. I'm seeing a similar thread and checking to see if there is a resolution yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, thanks for doing some digging but I have tried all those "fixes" before and nothing has worked. I should have also added that I've already tried the previous version of photoshop 21.2.4 available to download and that also no longer works. I dont believe I was on that version before the update though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your current monitor setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Built in laptop LCD and Eizo cg2420. Does not work with either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you disconnect your Eizo and completely restart does the same error occur?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, same error no matter what monitor is used, including restart. Ive just run the CC cleaner tool and done a fresh install and still no change. Im trying to avoid doing a clean wipe of my HD as Im doubting that would help. Are there no Adobe employees that check this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SOLVED:

If you cannot open any files on PS20 or PS21 other than jpegs or png you need to install the earlier version of Camera Raw

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Camera Raw 13 totally bricked photoshop from opening psd, tif, cr2, cr3, nef, everything. Camera Raw 12.2.1 or 11.4.1 is the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines