Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Error for literally everything

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a new-ish user. I have been using elements since 2013 and finally decided to tie the knot so to speak and update to REAL Photoshop. I purchased and downloaded it last night before I went to bed. I am having incredible issues. 

I am getting a program error for everything. When I open a file, program error. When I try to select or use any hotkeys, program error, when I try to save, etc. Literally everything gives me an error. I tried to make sure the program had full permissions. I updated my windows, graphics card drivers, processor driver, and have the latest version of photoshop. 

I tried to follow the guide but I cannot access the performance section of the program. it gives me a program error. I can't run the diagnostic plugin because of the error. I am at a loss. The program runs flawlessly, it opens quickly, it runs smooth. But almost EVERYTHING gives me this error. I don't know what to do and I am very frustrated because I used elements for years with no issues at all. 

Is this because I still have elements installed? As far as I can tell, my computer meets the minimum requirements. I have no idea what to do. Am I going to have to cancel already? I have wanted this for years and am finally making money enough to justify it. I plan on saving money from my job for school and am going into graphics design. and now photoshop seems to just not work. I have no idea what else to do since I cannot access most of the fixes. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

I think this is a problem that a number of us are having. Waiting for a fix from Adobe on this.

22.3 works fine on my work machine, which is a bit newer and using IBM Graphics on the motherboard.

But my older machine with a GeForce GT 530 video card, 22.3 just gave me a lot of "Couldn't complete the command because a program error occurred."

It seems to have something to do with graphic cards that might be older or not tested with. I can't be sure of that. But the tips people are giving are to "t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a problem that a number of us are having. Waiting for a fix from Adobe on this.

22.3 works fine on my work machine, which is a bit newer and using IBM Graphics on the motherboard.

But my older machine with a GeForce GT 530 video card, 22.3 just gave me a lot of "Couldn't complete the command because a program error occurred."

It seems to have something to do with graphic cards that might be older or not tested with. I can't be sure of that. But the tips people are giving are to "turn off the User Graphics Processor" option.

Which, you can't do, as you've found out. Going into the Preferences->Performance dialog is impossible as it gives you the same error.

My only option was to download to 22.2, which is where I will stay on my older PC until Adobe gets this squared away.

I use features that require the graphics processor, otherwise, I'm told that in 22.2 I can turn off "Use Graphics Processor" and then upgrade to 22.3 and I will probably be alright as long as I leave that option off. But then I can't use certain features that require the graphics processor to operate.

Adobe appears to have completely blundered on 22.3's release. Uninstall 22.3 and in Created Cloud, there is an option to install older versions. Go with 22.2.

While we're here. Tell us about your system and which graphics card you have. It might not hurt me to upgrade my graphics card to something more powerful, but I don't think I should have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This did end up working for now. Hopefully we get a fix soon! I appreciate your response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines