Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Error in V 22.1.0

Participant ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am getting regularly a program error with V22.1.0 when I want to save a file. It then says: 
"The file could not be saved to "..." because a program error occurred."

I tried to reinstall Photoshop but it didn't helped. It occurs sometimes, but not always.
Sometimes it also helps to just restart Photoshop and it's gone. But it's too bad when you are working on a file and spend like 10 minutes into it and then you can't save it.

programmfehler.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Hi! You should update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the "program error" issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. For now the only solution is to delete your preferences or to uninstall version 22.1.0 to reinstall version 22.0.1

It's quite obvious that Adobe rushed out 22.1.0 without any quality control, given the number of similar reports here. I had troubles with the last 3 updates of Adobe Photoshop (brush doesn't work properly, ...). Instead of making 'useless' filters like the neural filter, Adobe should focus on the real problems. 
I'm really getting a Microsoft vibe with Adobe ;-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. After my post I also saw the other reports here. Glad that I'm not the only one. I also noticed a very strange bug, because sometimes when I opened a file in PS, my whole workspace was gone (including the toolbar left etc.). I then had to get the workspace back with Window -> Workspace (I don't know how it's called in the english PS version).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! You should update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the "program error" issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this problem all the way up to 22.3.  When I revert back to 21.2.6 the problem is not present.  I get this error upon opening and even when attempting to exit PS-CC (Win64).  To exit I must go to Task Manager and kill the applicaiton.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there. I am still experiencing this issue. I have removed, reinstalled, updated, backdated, and restarted my computer multiple times. I am working on a new Macbook Pro running  the following:

macOS Big Sur, version 11.2.3

2.4 GHz 8-core Intel Core i916 BG 2667 MHz DDR4 Memory

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB Graphics Processor

Every time I try to save a file (Save, Save As, CMD+S), if I am saving as the same file, it gives me the error "Could not save as 'file name' because of a program error." I have updated and downgraded through every available version of Photoshop. I have followed the "repair" guide step by step with no outcome. Without being able to save, this program is basically unusable, and none of the recent updates have corrected the issue. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines