• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Error when saving files in Photoshop

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to save a file or close Photoshop, I get this error. Now I'm afraid to update my laptop for fear this will happen on it as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the program error in Photoshop.

• Could you please let us know the version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working on? You can check the version by going to Help > System Info in Photoshop.
  • Where are you saving the file? Local drive or external/network drive?
  • Have you tried re-installing Photoshop and see if it helps?

Go to Preferences > Performance... and check "Legacy Compositing" and Restart Photoshop.

You may also check this article and see how it goes: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Photoshop last week so it's the latest version. My computer is off right now. I was saving a small file to a local drive. It was working fine yesterday.

If necessary, I will uninstall and and reinstall it but what a pain in the butt!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope...never got an answer...just more questions. After 2 days of differing errors, I was finally able to get in. Not sure why it happened or what happened, but it's working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem. Today I followed Sahil Chawla's advice and it solved the problem:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and check "Legacy Compositing" and Restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020 Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. It fixed itself the following day. All of the adobe apps have been getting wonky, but the next time I use them, they're fine. I think I have a gremlin living in my computer.

I appreciate your assistance.

Donna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines