program error when trying to save

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save my images in PS now. I had to uninstall the latest version of PS and reinstall an older version because the healing brush was not working in the newest version and the advice from Adobe was to go to the older version until they have resolved this issue. Now, with this older version, I cannot save my images. I have taken the steps suggested on their help page but they have not helped. Is there anything else I should try? PS is unusable to me now.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

program error when trying to save

Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot save my images in PS now. I had to uninstall the latest version of PS and reinstall an older version because the healing brush was not working in the newest version and the advice from Adobe was to go to the older version until they have resolved this issue. Now, with this older version, I cannot save my images. I have taken the steps suggested on their help page but they have not helped. Is there anything else I should try? PS is unusable to me now.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 11, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that

sometimes if you reset the preferences is the solution

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

also take a look to your security permissions

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2021 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Eugenio for replying, I appreciate it! After I posted that there was a new version of PS (at least, if I remember correctly it came out after I asked my question) and when I updated the problem was solved. I'll remember your tip should I have the trouble again though. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good place to start is resetting all preferences. Keep in mind that you'll need to restart the application before changes take effect. -see attached-

warmly/j

2021-01-17_07-47-12.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2021 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Joseph for the detailed reply! I'll know exactly what to do should I encounter that issue again. I'm lucky though becaseu the newest update has solved the problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 0