• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Error when trying to use Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use  Photoshop and it won't do anything.  Just says there is a program error.  Then I cannot even close the program down.  It gives the same reason.  Grr!   I tried to uninstall it but wasn't able to do that either.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here to say I'm having the same problem. It won't open anything. It won't close. It's still showing in my task bar, but when I go into task manager to try and close it from there it says there aren't any programs running. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should note that I updated last week and didn't have any problems with it until today

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you have a recent version of your OS, and plenty of RAM and spare disk capacity, try this:
Unistall Photoshop, using the drop-down menu in the Creative Cloud app, and reinstall Photoshop again. If that doesn't solve the problem then unistall it once again and then run Adobe Cleaner before reinstalling Photoshop again.
Here's a link to Cleaner: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements to run Creative Cloud + OS + all other apps you use. Check each one.  Pay particular attention to Photoshop's new GPU requirements.  See links below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines