• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Program Error while using healing brush

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working on a new layer and using the healing brush after about 5 times, I get an error message pop-up and I can't continue "could not complete your request because of a program error. I have been editing photo all day. Then this afternoon I ran the PS update. Immediately after I stared getting this message, errrrrrrrr. So fustrating when I'm backed-up with Christmas edits that everyone wants from me.

HELP!!!

I'm currently just duplicating the bottom layer to get around this problem but it's very distructive.

I need this fixed ASAP!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Hi! update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the "program error" issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get a fix you have to deal with Adobe. You are not addressing Adobe here this us an Adobe User forum site that Adobe set setup foe Adobe users toe user to help each other out.  Users here can not make changes to Photoshop Photoshop is Adobe property. Adobe also only supports the current Photoshop version. Other versions seem to be history.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi @GigiMoVal ,

Please update to v22.1 released very recently.

Here are some additional options for you:

https://helpx.adobe.com/africa/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

hth

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mj

I am running v22.1.0 and have encountered the same problem for the first time ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @cjphoto ,

Please try these suggestions from Adobe.

https://helpx.adobe.com/africa/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

Best of luck

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

The error seems to depend on (a) the history of the edits and (b) the part of the image that you are trying to edit.

Regarding (a): Sometimes going back a few steps and redo all the steps will get rid of the problem for a couple of edits.

Regarding (b): Some parts might trigger the error, other's won't.

Once, I also removed the error from a file by deleting a layer. More clearly: an distinguishable layer seemed to cause the issue. I got rid of the error by deleting it. Not by hiding it and not by merging it. It felt, as if some part of the layer caused the error to appear. 

This error appeared with 22.0 and 22.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have found a workaround as I just face this error.

I was able to make it disappear by creating a "Merge visible" layer and deleting all other layers. 

While this may serve as a workaround, it's clearly not a solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem.
A) option of yours did NOT work.

I went online and googled my problem and have fixed the brush problem.
Again, it ONLY started immediately after the update. That update changed
settings on my OS for my Mac. I had to access my "System Preferences" for
my Mac. Then the "Accessibility" application. Next "Display" then "Cursor"
then adjust "Cursor size" all the way to the left.

This was the only way to fix the brush and for it to work correctly.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @GigiMoVal 

I am also using Mac OSX so there is a correlation here. I did an update of the OS recently, which might have changed the accessibility options. But I had the error before 22.1,  So it might be that we are facing different errors with the same symptopm. But I'll try your solution and let you know the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution is NOT the solution in my case.

The cursor size in accessibility options has already been set all the way to the left.

As assumed, there seems to be more than one cause for this error.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @GigiMoVal ,

Thanks for coming back and sharing the solution with the community.

Happy healing

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's all fine but this problem also affects Windows users. So far I haven't been able to find any useful information.

This is ruining my workflow and rendering Photoshop unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue in windows, but only when i use healing brush over an image opened through Lightroom in Prophoto color profile. if i convert the color the problem disappear, its not memory problem , i have 32gb of ram, ssd HD and 2060nvidia graphoc card and i7 10700 , so i doubt is a run out memory problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up going back one version and is working fine. So this is definitively an issue with thelatest version of PS.

I was on 22.1 which caused the problem. I went back to 22.0.1 which works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's worth making Ps team aware of the problem.

Please log the bug here: https://feedback.photoshop.com

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting cursor size in system preferences did not work for me. I've restarted Photoshop 22.1 but I'm still getting a program error when I try to use the healing brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  try updating to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the "program error" issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines