Program ERROR

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help please, I’m using a Mac on Catalina 10.15.7 and Photoshop 22.1.0. I am having trouble saving my work. This has happened a few times in the past but now it’s a real problem. I came on here to try and find the answer. The first thing that I tried was as suggested. I went to System Preferences and looked at Accessibility to see if Photoshop was listed. And it was not there, so I listed it and then restarted the computer. And lost all my work.
Having restarted the computer, I uploaded a file I then tried to save the file and it saved OK. So I then started to try a few things and all was fine until I tried to merge two layers. And then it appeared Again ( PS Could not complete your request because of a program error ) I then tried to save the images as , Save As and the same error message came up. I then turn off all the layers except the background. And then just pressed save and it saved the file. It’s not a memory problemand I just can’t think what to do. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Program ERROR

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help please, I’m using a Mac on Catalina 10.15.7 and Photoshop 22.1.0. I am having trouble saving my work. This has happened a few times in the past but now it’s a real problem. I came on here to try and find the answer. The first thing that I tried was as suggested. I went to System Preferences and looked at Accessibility to see if Photoshop was listed. And it was not there, so I listed it and then restarted the computer. And lost all my work.
Having restarted the computer, I uploaded a file I then tried to save the file and it saved OK. So I then started to try a few things and all was fine until I tried to merge two layers. And then it appeared Again ( PS Could not complete your request because of a program error ) I then tried to save the images as , Save As and the same error message came up. I then turn off all the layers except the background. And then just pressed save and it saved the file. It’s not a memory problemand I just can’t think what to do. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 16, 2020 3
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sammmmeeee

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Were you ever able to fix your program error?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

You were on the right track, you just took a wrong turn. You need to go back to Preferences, but choose Security and Privacy and select Accessibility (I did the same thing!)

See this post for more information: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-21-2-2-quot-cannot-save-due-to-a-quot-program-err...

Let us know if this fixes it, or if you are still having issues.

Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, affected users need to update to Photoshop 22.1.1 as it fixes the issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

If the update does not appear in the CC app, go to help>check for updates.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 0