• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progress bar stuck on screen when opening image from Lightroom

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue that has only started since the last 2 updates (to the current version).

When selecting "Open image in Photoshop" is used from lightroom the progress bar is left on the screen in photoshop even though the image has been transfered. Although you can just click withinn photoshop to move it to the back it is still a pain that never happened before.
Anyone else having this or worked out a solution ? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 105 Replies 105
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I jinxed myself. Progress bar has returned 😕 I also turned off tool tips, as a 'workaround' to them 'sticking' to the screen. The bigger annoyance for me atm is the erratic scrolling of my image that often never ends. I have to input a scroll in the opposite direction to get it to stop. Very annoying!

I'm finding these 'Forums' rather contentious. There are no Adobe tech mods? And we cannot 'rant'? So basically we're all here to figure out how to fix/patch/workaround Adobe bugs and flaws ourselves? Stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a solution to this problem already been found?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Solution - get ON1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem in April of 2021... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here in May of 2021. That's annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem too for about a year now, through a number of updates, and Adobe has still not fixed it. Not an insurmountable problem, but seems kind of weak attention to detail for the premier photo editing software company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A month after the previous post, and almost a full year after the OP, the issue persists.

Any word on whether this is even listed as a bug to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope...this thread will keep going on for years most likely.   pretty surreal really.  but they have no reason to fix it...bc adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to add my name to the list of people experiencing this absolutely infuriating issue. Garbage software, garbage company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this nonsense for weeks now. So glad we have the subscription plan so all that great stuff comes to us automatically! -_-  Now if they could only wait until the bugs are settled!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue even with the new photoshop version. It keeps on showing the progression tab even when the picture is open. It continues to float over other apps...How can I fix this? Here are 2 printscreens to show you all!

thanks in advance,

Alex

Capture d’écran 2021-09-21 à 12.22.44.pngCapture d’écran 2021-09-21 à 12.23.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep! Welcome to the club!

Some get a progress bar that can be hidden behind other windows, and some
get a permanent bar that has to be moved about.

I get both and a host of other issues that persist through all the updates.

Amazing how Adobe continues to ignore this. Such indifference!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has since disappeared for me. I don't know if an update did it or which one. I am currently on the latest CC versions of PS and LR Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine goes away with each update, but comes back a week or so later. Just saw it again earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has since gone away for me. I am now on PS 23.0.2.  I think it disappeared one or two updates ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible. It is Oct 2021 and this is still an issue. Didn't notice it as much most of this year but it's happening now 100% of the time. Last year it would cause PS to inevitably crash minutes into whatever I'm working on, seems to be at least more stable now despite the progress bar hanging around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same...still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously Adobe...I posted this issue July last year and yet still after every update it continues ...and the same it appears for many other users. I am a working professional and little things like this are a serious pain in a working day, although not the end of the world to click outside to make it disappear it's like having to punch the vending machine to get your coin to drop....you just shouldn't have to keep doing it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME PROBLEM.  And now it won't even disappear to the back.  Clicking "cancel" does nothing.    :-[

Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 9.35.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening in PS 23.0.0 and Monterey12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to gather info on this. Is everyone seeing this on a Mac? 

Is it only happening when opening a file from Lightroom?

Lightroom (cloud based) or Lightroom Classic?

Have you seen it when opening from Bridge?

Are you using a single monitor or multiple monitors?

Does it ever say something more than just "Progress" in the box?

Desktop machine or notebook? While I have seen it on my iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), I have never seen this bar on my Macbook Air.

Do you have a file that always pops up this box? Or is it totally random?
Are you seeing this with all file types or just raw images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, release 23.0.0 still has the same problem. MacMini (2018) running Monterey MacOS 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I send an image from LrC to PS for extra editing I get a pop-up 'Progress" and it remains and the blue bar has not completed its travel although I am able to work on the image in PS. The only way to get rid of the pop-up is to close PS (not LrC). I am using an iMac, OS 11.5.2, and the latest versions of PS and LrC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here... grahame399's described it perfectly. I'm on an older MBP running Catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. The banner remains even on top of other apps that I am using - and now we're on version 23.0 Can't Adobe get their act together? They charge enough, I would say. Not amused at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines