• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Progressive contour when I mask out an image from a sketch

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I hope you will be able to help me with this.

I create a line with the pen tool in order to mask out an image.
then I click on the button retrieve plot as selection at the bottom of the plot panel
but when I apply a mask on the image that I want to mask out, the image is diverted from my line but a progressive contour is applied while the progressive contour setting is at 0. I don't understand why there is a progressive contour that way, but when I draw a line thanks to the lasso tool and then mask the image out, there is no progessive contour, which makes sens.

I never had this issue before when I was using a microsoft computer, now I am on mac, I don't know if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your help, it will be very appreciate.

(Sorry for my english, hope you will be able to understand my problem)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

When you convert the Path to a selection what is the Feather Radius set to

2020-10-12 13_28_04-an_landscape_1920x1080_hd-wallpaper-424208.jpg @ 66.7% (Layer 0, RGB_8_) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What exact version of Photoshop do you have, can you post a screenshot to highlight the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2020-10-12 à 2.03.00 PM.png

Hi, the exact version photoshop is the 21.2.4.

Here is a picture of the issue. As you can seeon the right, the progessive contour setting is at 0 but there is still a progressive contour applied and I don't understand how.

Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture d’écran 2020-10-12 à 2.18.59 PM.png

But when I am using the lasso tool to make the selection it's working perfectly with the same settings, there is no progressive contour so I am reallly lost. Hope you will be able to find out where the problem come from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you convert the Path to a selection what is the Feather Radius set to

2020-10-12 13_28_04-an_landscape_1920x1080_hd-wallpaper-424208.jpg @ 66.7% (Layer 0, RGB_8_) _.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel so ashame... I never use this dialog box so I never thought that the setting were changed, the feather radius value was set to 2px...

Thanks a lot for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines