• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Project disappeared

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I was working on a photoshop project when my computer showed a low battery warning. I saved my project before my computer shut down. When I reopened photoshop, my project was still there but everything was gone- all that was left was an abstract background image that was not in my project previously. How can I retrieve the work I did on my project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Apparently your battery level was just too low. That's a corrupt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently your battery level was just too low. That's a corrupt file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Thanks for the insight! Is there any way for me to retrieve previous versions or "uncorrupt" the file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to retrieve the lost work. Please be sure to save often. This has happened to me a few times so I'm in the habit of saving every few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help! Not the news I was hoping to hear but I'll be sure to follow your advice next time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else is dealing with the same problem, I found a great article that helped me recover my file. 

https://learn-photoshop.club/resources/free-tutorials/corrupt-psd-file-what-to-do/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing, @Illyria 3475E37 . There are five methods listed. Which one worked for you?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines