• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Projector problem

New Here ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble projecting a Photoshop image (with CC 2019, 2020 or 2021) to Epson Projector VS240.

It's done with USB Display on the projector.

There is no trouble projecting the Mac OS Catalina desktop, just with projecting the Photoshop image.

I have been projecting images from Photoshop for several years with this projector with no problem until I upgraded Photoshop.

Epson Support can't help me.

Can you advise me?

Thank you.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John

frustrating issue that,

I added a couple of extra tags, which I hope will bring you assistance. 

What's very strange is that under normal circumstances Photoshop will effectively hand the image to OSX for display, AFAIK Photoshop doesn’t control the display system directly. Maybe the USB connection is part of the equation is the clue here, it's unorthodox do drive a display device (like a screen or projector) through USB IMO. I can't see that being the issue though, if OSX itself projects properly.

So display is set to "mirroring" I guess?

IF OSX can display it's desktop (and how about other applications like Preview or even third party apps?) then it's intriguing that somehow the system cannot show the Photoshop window. 

So what you are seeing is that the OSX desktop shows through the projector just fine, but, when you open Photoshop it simply doesn’t appear projected - just the empty desktop is still shown? Presuming it’s a macbook and the mac screen does show Photoshop?

Photoshop is simply invisible but only on the projector?

Does that happen with any other apps?

Was your projector working with OSX Catalina and Photoshop before the Photoshop update you did?

What version of Photoshop did work?

IF you just want to show images and OSX Preview app does work maybe its feasible to use that as a workaround.

You've restarted the mac with the projector connected - right?

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain the thread title and the chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your rapid reply, Neil. I must say, however, that replying to you was like entering Fort Knox.

I am convinced now that my problem getting the Epson VS240 projector to project my image from Adobe Photoshop CC21 wasn't a problem with Photoshop. 

It's got to be a problem with the projector or with MacOS 10.15.4 Catalina.

I did all you suggested and nothing worked. Preview as a workaround did not project either.

As you know, the empty Mac desktop does project.

My computer by the way is an iMac.

Projection worked just fine when I had Mac OS High Sierra and with Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 and 2020.

Epson and Apple have tried to help but to no avail.

Not sure what my next move should be. Thanks again. John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John

thanks for the appreciation. 

I'm glad troubleshooting helped isolate the issue.

I thought it must be an OSX Catalina issue with using the projector.

I'm amazed Apple can't help. 

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain the thread title and the chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this same problem. very frustrating issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines