Proportional scaling reverted back to needing SHIFT - any idea why, and how to get new way back

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened PS2021 v22.1 today, and it's now requiring that I hold shift to scale proportionally - how do I get the new behaviour back? Where it scales proportionally without shift? I assume I've been using 22.1 since early December, though I can't find when it was installed. I'm on an HP Omen. Windows 10. I checked to make sure "Use Legacy Free Transform" was not selected - it was not. I tried selecting it to see if it made a difference - it didn't. Either way I have to press SHIFT to scale proportionally. I tried restarting PS, no change. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Proportional scaling reverted back to needing SHIFT - any idea why, and how to get new way back

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened PS2021 v22.1 today, and it's now requiring that I hold shift to scale proportionally - how do I get the new behaviour back? Where it scales proportionally without shift? I assume I've been using 22.1 since early December, though I can't find when it was installed. I'm on an HP Omen. Windows 10. I checked to make sure "Use Legacy Free Transform" was not selected - it was not. I tried selecting it to see if it made a difference - it didn't. Either way I have to press SHIFT to scale proportionally. I tried restarting PS, no change. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all things weird in Photoshop general advice is to try with preference reset. Save any unsaved actions and presets before reseting preferences https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0