• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2019 – Color Blend Mode Buggy

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new CC versions and opened the file I last worked on in Photoshop 2019. I was surprised to see a severe color shift on the paper in the center:

768px Swing White Heat.png

This is how the file looks when opened in Photoshop 2018:

MBSW-White-Heat.jpg

The image of the paper has a color blend mode of a sand color, but appears greenish!

color blend mode.jpg

The background layer is just a solid rectangle. When color blend mode is chosen it becomes greenish and there is a stripe in the paper.

color blend mode solid.jpg

The file still is displayed correctly when opened in Photoshop 2018!

What can cause that issue? Bug?

Marcus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Can you go to Preferences and check 'use legacy compositing' and try it again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2018 Oct 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to circle in on possible variables, I updated the Quadro to 411.63, which is the latest "optimal drivers for enterprise" version. It was at 390-something.

Everything is still performing perfectly.

(And yay! - 30 bit works now! It didn't for so long that I thought it was broken by a Windows Update.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/D+Fosse  wrote

(And yay! - 30 bit works now! It didn't for so long that I thought it was broken by a Windows Update.)

For what it's worth, I have had to reselect the 30 bit mode in the nVidia control panel after every driver update.  Even though it LOOKs like it's already set, as though it retained the settings from before, it really didn't.

Is it possible to drag a PSD file to this forum to post it?  It would be good to have just a small one with which to reproduce the problem.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Noel, can't do that. Have to use dropbox or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I drag a PSD to this forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are two test PSDs.

Test 1 shows the interference patterns. Interestingly, when I delete the invisible top layer the pattern changes!

Dropbox - Color Blend Bug Test 1.psd

Test 2 shows two overlapping rectangle pairs where each top layer has blend mode set to Color. Both overlaps show wrong colors and interference (If you drag one of the layers over the others the displayed colors are changing!)

Dropbox - Color Blend Bug Test 1.psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both of the above links appear to point to the same file.

However, it seems to be enough...  I can reproduce a significant color difference between legacy compositing off vs. on with this file.  Thank you.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Here is the correct second link:

Dropbox - Color Blend Bug Test 2.psd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was anyone else able to reproduce the issues with my files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lindy,

Adobe is now aware of the issue.  In the past when a new major version was released there were often bugs that got fixed in a subsequent update.  We can hope that'll happen soon this time around.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines