• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2020 (all versions, big time failure!) vs. PS CC 2019 (20.0.8) comparison in macos catalina

Participant ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all,

for those who are suffering serious and non-ending performance issues (laggy behavior, some menus not working, spinning wheel and so on) with photoshop 2020 in catalina; i would suggest SWITCHING BACK TO photoshop CC 2019!

i tried everything (incl. reinstalling catalina) to make PS 2020 work properly in catalina (incl. the very latest version 21.1) and IT IS NOT WORKING!!! i downloaded all 2020 updates that came out recently with the hope things were going to be fixed, and the result was frustration with all of them...

after all this disappointment and waste of time, i finally downloaded PS CC 2019 (v. 20.0.8) and eveything started to work like a charm; much faster, no lags, no freezes, no slowdowns, constant performance till end of session at the end of the day (with the same set of plugins i frequently use).

ADOBE, PLEASE FIX PROBLEMS of PS 2020 in CATALINA, so that we can enjoy / deploy the new features of the software. WE ARE PAYING MAJOR MONTHLY FEES and WE DESERVE THIS as long-time users of adobe products!

thanks, looking forward to seeing PS 2020 work with macos catalina.

murat germen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop doesn't seem to be too compatible with Catalina, I myself am still on Mojave. Wouldn't be a good idea to upgrade.

Being fair, Adobe must be going through an absolute nightmare at the moment with Apples sudden phasing out of any 32 bit support. Seems premature and self-serving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is PS 2020 working fine in mojave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the versions of Photoshop in the last 5 years have been terrible for one thing or another. I recently reverted back to 2019 because of those issues you mentioned and now I've been having freezes and stalls like crazy. I've even increase the RAM for performance because it was working so slowly. Is there any version that I can still install that doesn't have some or all of these problems? Come on Adobe! We pay a lot of money every year to use your product and it's just become substandard in quality in recent years. Fix please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Confirmed. I've given up on 2020 and back to using 2019. I'm surprised it runs so much better, overall, than 2020.

Adobe, you're clamining CC2020 issues are due to Catalina but why then does the older version run so much better? You've had two years now to get aquainted with the Catalina era. What is this subscription paying for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines