• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2020 freezes

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So frustrated with this issue.  PS version 21.0.3 on Windows 10 machine has started freezing immediately on starup.  I contacted Adobe, and they had me reinstall.  It worked for half a day and then the problem came back.  My computer is fully up to date, the graphics card is supposed to work with PS and has the most recent driver installed.  I still have PS 20.0.8 installed and it works.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, did you try resetting its preferences? CTRL+ALT+SHIFT as soon as you start Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes and it still freezes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering if another reinstall after deleting the preferences file would work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Photoshop. You can try to re-install the application and check if it still freezes.

If you are able to access the preferences of Photoshop after re-installing the application, please go to the "Performance" tab under "Preferences" and uncheck the option to "Use Graphics Processor". Then relaunch Photoshop to check if it helps.

If you are not able to access the preferences and the application freezes before that, let us know if you have a dual graphics cards on the computer. If you do, you can try to disable the dedicated graphics card, keeping the integrated graphics card enabled and then try launching Photoshop.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines