Highlighted

PS 2020 Offset filter issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! I'm trying to create a seamless repeat pattern in Photoshop using a hand drawing on an 8.5x11 piece of paper. I'm drawing the pattern by hand, cutting the paper in quarters, taping them back together in a repeating tile, scanning the image, and then cleaning it up in Photoshop before applying the offset filter.

However, every time I apply the offset filter, information is lost. Parts of the drawing are missing, making it impossible to create the repeat. I have "delete cropped pixels" checked when I crop the image to remove the extra white space at the edges that comes through after scanning. I've tried applying the repeat to an uncropped image just to see if there's any difference, and there isn't -- there are still parts of the drawing missing.

I've attached screenshots (image uncropped) as examples. As you can see, the majority of mizzing information is in the bottom righthand corner of the top tile in the image with the offset filter applied.

Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks in advance, this is driving bonkers!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS 2020 Offset filter issues

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there! I'm trying to create a seamless repeat pattern in Photoshop using a hand drawing on an 8.5x11 piece of paper. I'm drawing the pattern by hand, cutting the paper in quarters, taping them back together in a repeating tile, scanning the image, and then cleaning it up in Photoshop before applying the offset filter.

However, every time I apply the offset filter, information is lost. Parts of the drawing are missing, making it impossible to create the repeat. I have "delete cropped pixels" checked when I crop the image to remove the extra white space at the edges that comes through after scanning. I've tried applying the repeat to an uncropped image just to see if there's any difference, and there isn't -- there are still parts of the drawing missing.

I've attached screenshots (image uncropped) as examples. As you can see, the majority of mizzing information is in the bottom righthand corner of the top tile in the image with the offset filter applied.

Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks in advance, this is driving bonkers!

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be the whole problem, but in case it's helpful to anyone else: For some reason, my scanner was cutting off part of the image. I'm not sure what's up with that as the drawing fit comfortably into the scanner bed, but something to take into account for other folks have the same issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0