PS 2020: Saved file reverted to older version on its own. Lost a whole day's work.

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost all my work from yesterday.

I have a PSD file with multiple Artboards and Smart Objects. I was working on one of the Smart Object all day yesterday. When I closed the file at the end of the day I remembered to save the Smart Object and the parent PSD. I also saved regularly throughout the day, on both files.

Today I opened PS 2020 and the files have reverted to the previous version. All my work is gone. I've checked the temp folder where the Smart Object is saved, there are no other files. The AutoRecover folder is empty. 

I have autosave set for every 5 min.

I didn't save the file to cloud. It's not saved to external hard drive. It's just in a normal folder on my hard drive.

I don't have Time Machine active.

Has this happened to anyone else?

What happened to my saves throughout the entire day yesterday, and how can I get it back?

What was AutoSave for if it didn't save all the changes that I did yesterday?

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This just happened to me. In trying to search for an answer I found your post. Did you have to redo all your work or was there a way to recover it?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines