• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2020 Saving file freezes and unable to close program

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest PS 2020 and while editing something from Lightroom Classic the file will be stuck while saving at any %. Obviously I can't close the file or the program while it's "saving" so I am forced to force close the program losing all my progress on the file.

Currently latest Photoshop 2020 and Lightroom Classic on a Macbook Pro 13" 2017.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. This is really killing my real estate workflow. Sometimes it will work, but sometimes it crashes at like 98% and then I have to restart my whole computer. I am using a 2019 MacBook pro 13", I downloaded Lr and Ps from the creative cloud app, and I have the most recent update to the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I figured out something that works for me. Change your catalog "Save" settings so that it saved every time you exit Lightroom. When photoshop fails, "Force Quit" Ps, and then quit Lr. When it asks to back up your catalog, select "Backup". Now go back into Lr and edit your photo in Ps. It works for at least that photo for me. Sometimes it works for a couple of images, but it will fail eventually and then just backup your catalog again and try it again. So far that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're really sorry for the save issue. Are you facing this issue with all the files or any specific file formats? Could you please turn on the legacy compositing in Photoshop preferences > Performance tab > restart Photoshop and let us know if that helps.

Also, are you facing this issue specifically after the recent update of  Photoshop 21.0?

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far it goes right now, I have only been using DNG files that I have converted in LR. I will give that legacy setting a try on a test image on my Lightroom catalog.

This issue is specifically since updating to PS 21.0.

Currently I am resorting to the last version 2019 to edit externally of LR for the time being with no noticeable issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do believe that it is a Photoshop issue, and possibly not a Lightroom issue. I had trouble the other night saving a photoshop file that was not linked to Lr. And this issue just started a couple of weeks ago. It could be from the new Ps update or OSX Catalina, not sure.

I was using a combination of TIFF and RAW files. The RAWs were .ARW files from my sony a7III.

But I tried to export the files from Lr, and then open them in Ps, do my edits, and then save the file seperate from Lr. This still failed to save. 

I'll try to reset Ps when i get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think it is a Photoshop problem because it only happens to me in Photoshop. Please help! This has already killed 2 projects because I cant save.

Also when force quitting and reopening it stays stuck and never opens. I have to restart the whole computer for it to work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. It's keeping me from working on important work projects and it's killing me!

Please find a fix for this ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue.  File gets hung up at 99%. Using on iMac, PS 21.0.2. I have to force quit, lose my work and start over.  Again. And again. And again. I did update the preferences. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit, I was having trouble saving TIFF and Jpeg however the solution you offered here corrected the saving issues. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Even with 21.0.3. 

With or without use of LR, does not make any difference.

I can't even stop, interrupt saving process....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2022 Jan 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, in my performance tab, there's this line stating "legacy compositing has been removed". So what shall I do about the same. I'm using photoshop 2022. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue. Tried the fix on other forums but nothing has helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned on the "legacy compositing" and un-checked the "use graphic processor" in performance preferences. This has successfully worked all day now apart from a few times. On investigating this the preference setting check boxes had reverted so I changed the setting again and Ps worked correctly again. Don't understand why they would revert?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. There is definetly something wrong with Photoshop 2020. I cannot save anything and am foreced to close. I've lost all of my work multiple times today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea it has to be Photoshop because I've tried everything and nothing works. It's really messing up my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update?? I'm still having the same issues, and have read on numerous other forums that PS 2020 is virtually imposible to use because of all of the bugs. I really hope someone from Adobe comments soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Photoshop 2021. Lost my work multiple times. Regret it so much to have switched from 2018 to 2021. Older versions seem much more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with PS 2020. Hangs on 99% when saving PSD files of modest size (600M ish) The progress bar jumps immediately to 99% then just sticks there for ages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Exporting from Lightroom to Photoshop. Editing the file and hangs and doesn't save. I've lost valuable project time on this. Please fix Adobe thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - trying to save files (psd, not huge) in PS 2020 on my desktop and it hangs up - sometimes at 0%, other times at 63% or 76% - no consistency. Then I have to force quit it and often reboot the computer (iMac 2017 w 64G memory) in order to get PS restarted. I've lost a lot of work and time - very frustrating. 

Also spent about 90 min on a chat with tech support, un-installed and re-installed the app - nothing, still doesn't work.

Please fix this issue and put out an update!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any of you having a solution? 

I'm eagerly scratching my eyeballs out right now.... Every time when saving my psd file, it freezes, have to forse stop photoshop and restart my whole computer and having damaged files as a result of this... 

Hope Adobe helps out fast!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm saving out as .tiff and same thing - 99% then freezes - have to force quit. open recovered file and it only has a flattened layer. i've lost HOURS of work. 

tried adobe's solution (reset, restart) - worked first time but dont trust it will "hold". 

my solution - using ps 2019. literally can't afford the time wasted and all the work lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a Photoshop update yesterday. Has anyone tried the update? Has the problem been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i downloaded update - reset ps, restarted machine and had no problems on first file - saved my .tif fine - no stall.

i'm using 2019 in interim until i can fully test without losing work. 

can anyone confirm confirm update solved issue? 👍🏼

thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines