Highlighted

PS 2021 crashes over and over and over

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed all the Adobe updates today. What a terrible experience! I checked the box to delete previous versions - BIG mistake because now they're gone and the new version simply doesn't work. I've opened PS 2021 at least ten times, done a tiny bit of work, and then it crashes. Every. Single. Time. 

I'm on a Mac with the latest OS installed as well. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS 2021 crashes over and over and over

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed all the Adobe updates today. What a terrible experience! I checked the box to delete previous versions - BIG mistake because now they're gone and the new version simply doesn't work. I've opened PS 2021 at least ten times, done a tiny bit of work, and then it crashes. Every. Single. Time. 

I'm on a Mac with the latest OS installed as well. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Download and install, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to install previous versions from Creative Cloud Destop app. Click on three dots on the right side of app then choose Other versions https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 23, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bojan, they're only giving me the option of installing v21 and v20, which, given how much of a studio-killer this 'update' is, is a really shabby piece of craft.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off, try a preference reset. The installation can carry forward preferences from your old version. These are saved each time Photoshop closes and  any corruption can lead to issues. Sometimes those issues may not have impacted the last version but can cause problems in a newer update.

Dave 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 24, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work. Reopening PS after a preference reset seemed to allow the application to work - but only for about two minutes. Then crash and what I'd done on my image was lost again. What next? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 25, 2020 0
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the pref reset, and it didn't work either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0