• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2021: Import video frames to layers is not functional, results in error message

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I noticed that a core feature I use Photoshop for does not seem to be working.

I am on a MacBook Pro 16" running Big Sur 11.1.

Normally, I can do File > Import > Video frames to layers and PS will be able to open up the video file and I can export as a GIF, etc.

Now, however, when trying to use this function it gives me the error message: "Could not complete the Video Frames to Layers command because the file could not be opened."

I have tried the few troubleshooting tips that I saw, including giving PS 2021 folder access, full disk access, and accesibility access but no luck.

I have tried with a few video files and formats, inlcuding a 1.9 mb .mp4 and a 34.5 mb .mov. Both were exported from Final Cut Pro and were 800x600 at 60fps, but not sure if that would matter.

I noticed this error has been a thing for the past 6+ months at least. Is there a known fix or is Adobe aware that this functionality is not working for many people?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting a very similar error.

(Photoshop 2021 on PC running Win10)

"Could not complete the Video Frames to Layers command because Dynamiclink is not available."

I used to be able to import movie files (into 2021) and export for gif shenanigans but in the last week I started getting this error. I've tried my google-fu for solutions but am coming up empty.

I know I've had updates pushed to me through CC and wonder if there was some change in one of those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

update: i WAS launching PS through an alias icon on my taskbar and realized that might be connected to whatever photoshop before the update so i opened creative cloud and launched it through there and i was able to import a movie file without the error...

yay mor gif shenanigans!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines