• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2021 is a nightmare and profit killer/deadline breaker for any Mac Pro setup

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fix this terrible version of PS. The lack of compatibility with my iMac Pro is total joke. How can Adobe release a program update that has obviously not be tested thoroughly to be useable on a Mac. I use Adobe almost exclusively to design key art for feature films and television shows and I am crashing almost hourly. I can’t believe Im about to try and find a replacement program after using Adobe programs for my entire career. This is so unacceptable and beyond what I would have ever expected from Adobe. Beyond disappointed with the lack of compatibility and quality control. How about an update that doesn’t include new bells and whistles and just focuses on the main essential features working correctly. You know like being able to use a large brush on a painting without the entire program either freezing, crashing or needing an eventual force quit.....Looking at the damn beachball on an hourly basis and continually having to force quit your programs is a joke. Adobe loves to keep cramming new features into a program suite that is quickly becoming so problematic myself and many of my business partners are actively looking for a replacement. What a shame. I hate the idea of switching platforms for work but this can not continue as were bleeding out money and deadlines are being broken all to often now due to unreliable programs that have been our workhorse for decades. We are very disappointed with the lack of quality control and can’t believe this has become such a problem over the past few versions and updates. I wish you could simply release a version of photoshop that was scaled back for those of us that are using it for digital illustrations and only utilize a third of all the features the program has. Sometimes things like this become to big to be a practical go to for everyone. Instead of fitting it all in one universal version of PS Adobe should really offer a mainstay cleaned up version that is dedicated to illustrators only and eliminates many of the new features that I suspect are the problem. My system ran your programs swiftly and efficiently a year ago and has slowly been crashing and burning with each new update and release. Ive tried to reinstall and older version from your site that used to run perfect but now even that is a nightmare of crashes and freezes. I sincerely hope that this is resolved much sooner than later as I am not looking forward to learning and becoming proficient in a new app or program. Ive used Adobe products almost exclusively throughout my entire career and I dread the thought of all those years flushed away because Adobe can not get things in order to make PS work properly on Mac Pro computers and laptops. I know for a fact Im not alone in this, Ive corresponded with creatives throughout our industry and far to many of us are in the same boat. Adobe forums should really be looked at more closely as this is a huge ongoing issue among Mac users.  It doesnt matte what prefernces are set to, or what features are being used this program behaves the same.   It works for awhile then freezes/crashes.   all day everyday.   Its not the computer as Adobe is the only product line that this happens with.  Ive installed, uninstalled, ran it raw and ran it with all my custom settings and prefernces.  Same outcome.... please fix 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, these are classic buggy video driver symptoms.

However, that said, the latest PS version, 22.3, seems to have a few GPU-related problems of its own. So try to revert to 22.2, which by general consensus is rock solid and very stable. If that doesn't help, it really is Apple's video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is answered by volunteer Photoshop users, we are not Adobe employees. You can raise bug reports  at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe developers.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're reporting it, it would be good to give full details of the system configuration, including model/year and video card. From your post I can't even decide if you have an iMac Pro or a Mac Pro. Don't expect Adobe to magically "fix it" because you have a problem that you don't describe. It might be common, it might be unique to you. Like it or not, there are hundreds of different issues and each one needs different attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great answer. Now explain why Adobe is constantly making nonsensical "improvments" to the single greatest graphics application ever made. Let me answer that for you - they have a bunch of "developers" that need jobs, so they [Profanity removed by moderator] with photoshop unnecessarily so they can collect a check. I've been using it since version one and without question it is worse today than it was 5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To counter that , I find Photoshop better than it was 5 years ago.

Why do improvements need to be made? 20 years ago I used a 2MP camera and replaced it with a 6MP camera. 18 years ago I replaced that with a 6.3MP camera. 14 years ago I replaced that with a 12.7MP camera. 2 years ago I replaced that with a 30MP camera ....   I think you can see where I am going here. Photoshop now needs to manipulate 15 x the data than it had to cope with when I started using it. In addition I expect those images to be manipulated faster and more accurately than I ever expected at the outset.

I have no issues with Photoshop speed because as I have upgraded cameras I have also upgraded my software, Photoshop CC,  and the hardware on which that software runs.

This has nothing to do with keeping developers in jobs, and everything to do with the demands I, and many others, place on the software.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines