• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 2021 running in Mojave VM (Parallels) crashes when Select > All

Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've combed through the forums but I can't find anything related to VM use specifically, not as it pertains to my unique issue.

For clarity, I'm running a Mac OS X 10.14.6 virtual machine in Parallels because I need to test certain functions of the 2021 version and my desktop is running High Sierra. (It's managed, so I can't do it myself.)

I swear this was functioning previously. I create a new document. I can change color modes, add spot channels, etc. But when I Select > All, from the Select menu or keyboard, PS just blips away with a crash.

I've upgraded to 22.2.0, and I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled (used the Cleaner tool) and versions 22.0+ all exhibit this behavior.

None of the rest of my team is experiencing this — I am the only one using a Mojave VM. (There are other crashy issues in Catalina.)

I've also saved out the crash logs with the LogCollector tool. Just don't know where to go to pursue this further. Am I the only one working this way?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reset the photoshop 2021 (ver 22.1) preferences by going to your User Library>Preferences (/Users/User Name/Library/Preferences) and trashing the following:

Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder

Adobe Photoshop 2021 Paths

com.adobe.Photoshop.plist

Prior to trashing any files move any saved Workspaces from the Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder

so you can copy them to the new Adobe Photoshop 2021 Settings folder that is created after starting photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Jeff, thank you for replying.

Unfortunatly I've already completely removed everything, including all preferences and settings. (This is not a personal machine so there is nothing to save.) The problem persists.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the application. I've used Adobe's Cleaner Tool(?) to wipe all traces of old preferences. I've gone through and deleted those files you mentioned (and more) several times.

I've even rolled back the VM I'm working on to a state from before I noticed the problem.

I am still having this issue in 2021 with *any* of the selection tools (Lasso, Select > All) where it spontaneously crashes as soon as the selection is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a follow up:

I'm experiencing this with only the CC 2021 version in the VM. It happens with _every_ selection tool (Select menu, lasso, marquee). It doesn't happen with 2019, nor with 2020.

All preferences and settings have been wiped. Completely uninstalled. No residual files. Rolled back the VM to a state prior to install.

2019: no issues

2020: no issues

2021: crash the moment a selection is made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried going to Photoshop>Preferences>Performance, unchecking Use Graphics Processor, restarting photoshop and checking for the crash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The GPU settings are grayed out in the VM. There is no virtual GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines