Highlighted

PS 2021 Zoom keeps stopping working

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having this issue. Since installing PS 2021, while editing is underway, all of a sudden all Zoom controls stop working. I can't zoom using my mouse nor can I zoom using the Zoom tool in PS. I have to save my file, come out of PS then go back in. I am running Windows 10. Some of the time this is happening after using a Nik filter, other times not.

Help.......

Keith

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS 2021 Zoom keeps stopping working

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having this issue. Since installing PS 2021, while editing is underway, all of a sudden all Zoom controls stop working. I can't zoom using my mouse nor can I zoom using the Zoom tool in PS. I have to save my file, come out of PS then go back in. I am running Windows 10. Some of the time this is happening after using a Nik filter, other times not.

Help.......

Keith

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 2
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Zoom just cuts off mid drag and the work area freezes. All tools stop working but I can save just fine. Had to reopen and close PS for about 9 times yesterday because of this issue. Have you tried looking in event viewer for Nvidia OpenGL errors?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, not just me then. Where exactly do I look in the Event Viewer for any Nvidia errors please?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Program > Click the filter button on the right side > Select only errors > Look through the errors.

I had one error that said Nvidia OpenGL error whith photoshop. Error code 10.

You should also try looking at the crash log, I haven't done that myself yet but there might be some clue there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but in Event Viewer, I only see:

>Windows Logs>Application

>Windows Logs>Security

>Windows Logs>System

>Windows Logs>Fowarded Events

>Windows Logs>SetUp

Nothing on "Program"??

There doesn't appear to be anything in the Crash Log

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I meant application

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, when it happens again, I need to log the time so I can check the error logs but it could be an "ESENT 455" error, whatever that is?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....although its prob not this as it looks like I was getting this error before I upgraded to PS 2021

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0