• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 21.0.0 is profoundly slow on macOS 10.14.6

Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to the latest version of PS and it is grindingly slow now.

I am on a Late 2012 iMac with 32GB RAM and running OSX 10.14.6. 

I suspect some sort of memory management issue. 

While I have a scratch disk with 350GB available, the preferences note I only have 75GB. Why?

Virtually every command or task invokes a spinning beach ball. Yesterday a save of a 100MB JPG took 5 minutes.

On top of this I get "Out of application memory" and "Your scratch disk is full" warnings.

I have disabled Dropbox and Backblaze and incidental apps and am only running LR (latest version) and PS.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's something wront with this version. I've bot latest Mackbook Pro and it freezes constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the performance issues with the latest version of Photoshop, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

You may also try optimizing the preferences of Photoshop by following the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did that. Seems a bit better but then I got a "Cannot save file because your disk is full" warning.

Not only that, but when I go to look at scratch disks in the prefs, the primary scratch disk does not appear in the list anymore.

I have 350GB free on the disk in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mark, 

What you're seeing is likely due to low disc space on your OS volume, not your scratch disc. How much space do you have free on your OS volume? (where PS is installed and launched from)

Thanks,

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines