• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 21.1.1 - Object snaps back into place after moving with shift key.

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I move an object (doesn't matter if it's smart, vector, raster, imported), and I'm holding down the SHIFT key to move it in a straight line, the object keeps snapping back into it's original position. If I don't hold down SHIFT then it doesn't do that. What. The. $(*@?!?!!

Yes, I updated my Wacom tablet driver, but I don't think that's the issue because if I use my mouse or trackpad, same problem.

Is there a new setting I'm not aware of or is there some new option in Preferences that needs to be selected. PLEASE. HELP.

Thanks.

iMac 2013 / High Sierra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the tools and/or preferences.
To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut:

Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you start Photoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.
Note: Using the keyboard shortcut, preference files for custom shortcuts, workspaces, and color settings will also be reset to default.

from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#restore_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having this problem too!! Everytime I move an object it just snaps back to where it was, if i use the arrow keys to nudge it it will work but I can't carry on doing this. I am also on High Sierra, using a Mid 2011imac. I'm concerned it's because i'm using the latest photoshop update but on an older operating system. I don't think my imac will support another OS update so am reluctant to do that. PLEASE can someone help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines