Highlighted

PS 21.2.2, removed PSUserConfig, turned on windows INK, workflow problems.

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I work with my cintiq 24HD.

I've read through quite som posts her on the forum after the PSUserConfig option got removed from PS 21.2.2. I did what was written, I removed the txt file and turned windows INK back on. It almost works, but if I haven't missed out of something it doesn't for me.

- When I paint I have "alt" key mapped to one of my wacom pen buttons and I select colors from the canavas all the time. Now when i try to select a color I have to tap superfast or the "right click ring of death" shows up. Then no color gets selected, if I tap too fast it doesn't register the new color either. This ruins my workflow.

- Pressure sensitivity also seems to sometimes disappear on the first stroke after changing color with alt key and leaves a full brush stamp. When i paint shades I often pick colors maybe every third stroke so with these two small issues my workflow completely collapsed.

- The press hold right click is also a bit annoying when I adjust slider values (brush settings, hue/sat and so on).

I have turend of every setting in "Pen & Windows Ink". 

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS 21.2.2, removed PSUserConfig, turned on windows INK, workflow problems.

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I work with my cintiq 24HD.

I've read through quite som posts her on the forum after the PSUserConfig option got removed from PS 21.2.2. I did what was written, I removed the txt file and turned windows INK back on. It almost works, but if I haven't missed out of something it doesn't for me.

- When I paint I have "alt" key mapped to one of my wacom pen buttons and I select colors from the canavas all the time. Now when i try to select a color I have to tap superfast or the "right click ring of death" shows up. Then no color gets selected, if I tap too fast it doesn't register the new color either. This ruins my workflow.

- Pressure sensitivity also seems to sometimes disappear on the first stroke after changing color with alt key and leaves a full brush stamp. When i paint shades I often pick colors maybe every third stroke so with these two small issues my workflow completely collapsed.

- The press hold right click is also a bit annoying when I adjust slider values (brush settings, hue/sat and so on).

I have turend of every setting in "Pen & Windows Ink". 

TOPICS
Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 24, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With INK you can not turn off Windows INK Pen Feedback You will always see the boxed Alt cursor feeback when the Alt key is used with the pen near or touching the tablet.  Adobe Photoshop  also has a Pen Brush tip Adjustment Shortcut for adjusting the Brush tip Alt+Right Click. With the pen tip close to the surface you can adjust the brush tip size and hardness by moving the Pen up and down and left and right.  So I set the Lower pen rocker button to Alt+Right Click.  I set the  Uppet button to "X" to swith between Forground and Backgound color, Or I set it to Alt+Left Click to select a colors from the image.   Have you set a Wacon button to Alt+Left Click?  I do I can not say I do anything rappitly these days I just press the button and keep tapping on the image till I get the color I want.  However most of the time my button is set to "X" for I do a lot more msking than I do painting. I'm mot a painter. I tried tied toe be a painter and tried to sample color rappitly to see If I could reproduce your problem. On my machine but could not.  Here are my Pen settings.  Micrisoft and Wacom.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 0