Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 21 - brush issues

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have many issues with my brush control.

I'm working with PS 2021 - Cintiq 27 touch (+last driver) - Mac OS Mojave

Even with PS20 I had those issues:

- Brush suddently traces a straight line instead of what I'm drawing 

- Brush rotation / pressure doesn't work after going out of PS and back again (my solution was to move away my stylus from the screen, then go back and my pen was recognized back)

An now with PS21:

While I'm drawing, randomly my brush switches with the eraser. It makes it impossible to work with…

What can I do, it's so annoying and I loose so much time working like that…
Thank you in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on PS21 (or v22.3) on a Windows 10 PC and I have the SAME EXACT issue you're having. While using my Cintiq pen to draw (with pencil or brush tool) it switches back and forth between a brush and erase (I think it's actually switching to the Brush mode: "Clear"). I thought it was the Cintiq drivers but I was up to date, even reverted to an older build, restarted, etc but I can actually recreate the problem by drawing with a mouse. It's impossible to work like this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually just figured it out! I had the "Auto Erase" box checked off in the top menu bar:

Ian-Glaubinger_0-1616200375707.png

This solved the random switching of the brush tool to the erase tool. Make sure yours is unchecked too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines