• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 22.0 Layered File and Spot Healing Brush Glitches

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's obvious I'm not the only one experiencing major issues with Adobe Upgrades but just a few of the glitches I'm trying to work around:

1. When opeing multiple files as layers from LR into PS, PS simply stops mid process.  It doesn't freeze up the program,  it just stops loading more layers. If I've selected 6 files to open as layers maybe only two will load with the final "layer" in PS labeled as "Load LAyer" (which is what it usually says while its loading a layer). I can continue using PS, the spinning disc revert to my pointer but the files don't finish loading. It's an intermittent problem which makes it even more maddening as it seems to work fine then fails, then works, then fails, fails, fails, ... There's no error message.  I then have to close the files and try again which may or may not work.

2. When using the spot healing brush the usual grayed out "swipe" stays...and I can't tell if it's worked.  I can keep using the brush and sometimes all of them remained covereded over or just the one.  I can see if it works by stepping back in history which eliminates the gray brush stroke and reveals that it actually worked...then go back to the most last history step and the spot healing work is complete and the brush swipe is gone.  Weird.

3.  You'll be flying solo with no help from Tech Support. Do not ever surrender control of your computer to a live chat tech support agent.  After 4 failures to resolve the issue I finally conceded and allowed the Adobe Support Computer "Sharing" App but then watched in horror as he almost un-installed the program (had already tried and failed and spent hours recovering data from that) despite telling him specifically to not to do ANYTHING without discussing it first.  Once the agent has control of your cursor you can't stop it unless they pause. I've been on hold for hours multiple times on tech support phone, and have been disconnected 6-8 times. I can't email about my case because the agent closed it even though it wasn't resolved.  I opened it again three times...same conclusion.  I write all this so you're aware.  I've used Adobe software for over 20 years.  They blew it here.  I'm dead in the water losing money rapidly because it's taking four times longer to work up images with all these glitches, not to mention the hours and hours with Tech support with no results.

4. This may be an interface problem between LR 10.0 (which has it's own maddening glitches) and Mac Catalina. I cannot uninstall LR 10.0 and revert to the previous version or I'd lose all the edits over the past month and a half (I tried to and that created a whole new can of worms as the new LR 10 backup catalogs aren't compatible with the old ones). I'll try reverting to the previous PS version and see if that helps...in the meantime...

5. Wait until the bugs are cleared before you upgrade!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?