• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS 6 won't install on Win10

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had PS 6 (yes, ancient) installed on my Win10 laptop.

Had bizarre problem so I uninstalled.

Now when I try to re-install, it asks if I want to let it, I say Yes, then I get the spinning wheel for 5 seconds, then nothing. No error, no dialogs, no install.

Details:

I'm running from files on hard drive as always, lost the CD years ago.

Yes, I've tried running as Admin, rebooting, stopping Anti-Virus, and rebooting.

Thanks for any ideas.

Random

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Press the Window key + R and type %Appdata% and click okay. Then delete the adobe photoshop folder in there.

and then reinstall it.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was really hoping such an easy and obscure thing would fix it.

But when I saw the %Appdata% >Adobe>Photoshop directory was empty, I was dubious.

Deleted it, tried to install as Admin....and same result. Wheel spins 5 seconds then goes away, doing nothing.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since that took me to AppDate/Remote, I backed up to the actuall Appdata dir, searched for Photoshop, found this:

C:\Users\mjonj\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Adobe

Deleted that too, still no help. Can't find any AppData with any other PS dir to delete.

Just spent 15 minutes trying the Compatibility Troubleshooter. No help there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something to try:

If you have backups or even 6.0 on another PC, know that it's not "glued" to the Windows OS as in later versions. Copy the Photoshop 6 Program folder to your hard drive, and double-click on the Photoshop.exe inside. It should launch without any issues in windows 10.

Just make sure your C: drive is not larger than 1 Terabyte.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi you can get trial version from Adobe Photoshop CC from main site try it 1st then you can buy monthly plan or you can check progam compatible to windows 8 ... Thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines