• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS and ACR eating up ram

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating in the fall I keep having issues with batch editing in ps and acr.  When it crashes I go to task manager and see that ps is using all of the ram that I've allocated to it.  I have 30 gb or ram and if I allocate 20 gb to ps it uses all of it and crashes.  if I allocate 30 gb it uses it all and crashes.  If I allocate 10 gb it uses it all and crashes.  I've worked with 5+ customer service reps and they all keep tweaking one or 2 things and telling me to come back if it continues to happen.  It ALWAYS continues to happen and I'm getting tired of spending hour upon hour with reps.  Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Please check this info, maybe can be helpful: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RAM usage is normal. It's supposed to work this way. That's not the reason for the crashing.

It's much more likely that it crashes in a buggy video driver. That's the overwhelmingly most common cause for crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We thought that might be the issue, but we just installed a brand new video card.  The NVIDIA rtx 1060 (I think) and made sure the driver was up to date.  How else can I fix it if you're right and that's the culprit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines