Highlighted

PS brush "blobbing" at beginning of stroke, Wacom Cintiq

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my MacOS from Yosemite to High Sierra so I could use the latest PS verison.  Since then, brushes are giving me hard "blobs" of paint at the beginning of the stroke even when my stroke is super soft pressure. See below. Anyone know of the cause and fix?  Thanks in advance.

I simply can't paint with this. The artwork looks terrible with all these blobs.

blob-brush.jpg

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS brush "blobbing" at beginning of stroke, Wacom Cintiq

Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my MacOS from Yosemite to High Sierra so I could use the latest PS verison.  Since then, brushes are giving me hard "blobs" of paint at the beginning of the stroke even when my stroke is super soft pressure. See below. Anyone know of the cause and fix?  Thanks in advance.

I simply can't paint with this. The artwork looks terrible with all these blobs.

blob-brush.jpg

TOPICS
Mac, Performance, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 23, 2020 3
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just removed the Wacom Driver and reinstalled it. It seems to be working fine for now. 

EDIT:  

OK. This is frustrating. This KEEPS happening. A restart helps, but it keeps happening again and again. Restarting a few times a day is counterproductive.

Anyone with advice?

Thansk!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 23, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens to me on OS X Catalina. All driver reinstalled. No Luck. Very frustrating with texture brushes. It works fine on fast strokes.

Adobe ps.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 30, 2020 2
Participant ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had some luck in Photoshop by turning OFF the airbrush button in the Options Bar.  Of course, this doesn't help you if this is an essential toggle for your art.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HEllo, are you on 21.2.4? this issue was supposed to be fixed in 21.2.1, according to https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html#photoshop-desktop-fixed-issues

If you still experience the issue, post in the linked thread.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been my issue except the reverse is happeneing. When pressure is used to change the size of the brush it leaves a blob at the very end of the brush stroke. It's extremely frustrating. It has been happeneing since the last 2 updates.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 9.28.23 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you state if you are on 21.2.4? on Mac/PC? using a wacom? using wintab or windows ink on a PC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply! My setup is as follows:

Mac Pro 2019 OS Catalina 10.15.6 
Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 (6.3.41-2)

Photoshop 21.2.4

Hope that helps,

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 1
6 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm new here...

Unfortunately I have the same problem as jfi0rin0 (from Oct 07th, 2020).

iMac 2015 OS Catalina 10.15.7

Wacom Intous Pro L (6.3.41-2)

Photoshop 21.2.4

Now it's Oct 21th, 2020. I didn't found an answer to that question yet... Sorry!

Can somebody help? Thank you

Brigitte

Problem-Photoshop-21-10-20.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
6 hours ago 0