Exit

PS CC 2018 crashes my Mac

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 10.13.5.

Fresh install of PS CC.

As soon as PS is started it crashes the Mac (brief spinning beach ball followed by a complete hang of the machine) every time without fail, sometimes on start up, but always within a few seconds.

I've tried many of the fixes I've found on various forums, but to no avail.  I've many, many applications on this computer and they all work faultlessly except photoshop.

Anyone have a clue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No possibility since PS crashes the computer before I get a chance to do anything.

Thanks for the suggestion though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Close Photoshop, then hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and relaunch PS. Respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences.

If you can't do that, or it doesn't work, uninstall Photoshop using the drop-down menu in Creative Cloud ā€“ see screen shot then reinstall. If that doesn't work uninstall PS again and run the Adobe Cleaner app before reinstalling PS.

Screen Shot 2018-06-30 at 15.46.36.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help Derek.

Deleting the preferences file made no difference - PS still crashes the Mac.

A small history -when I first installed PS on this Mac there were problems with the registration (it always started in 'Trial Mode' even after I'd logged in.

I had a long chat with PS support and we established that the Adobe Cleaner app wouldn't start and I had to delete all of the apps, Library files etc manually.

I then reinstalled Photoshop and Lightroom.  Lightroom worked OK, but PS always crashed the computer.

So in effect the PS has never been started since it was last removed and reinstalled.  I'm therefore not too hopeful that manually removing all the CC files, libraries, application support files etc once again is likely to have a better result than the last time I tried.

What do you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had all  kinds of problems printing cards I had made earlier - PS keep crashing. This is on PC - not Mac

Your suggestion to reset preferences seems to have solved the problem!!

Thanks

Frank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines