• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps CC 2020 & Ps CC 2021 Workspace (canvas) is freezing when using Hand Tool and Zooming

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working with details, I often use the Clone Stamp and Healing Brush along with the zooming, Hand Tool and Rotate Tool. Starting since April 2020 I'm running into a problem where the canvas is freezing when using Hand Tool and Zooming, I can switch tools and save my PSD, but nothing else. Previously, restarting the program helped to resolve the problem, but anyway it's only a temporary resolve. This month, these unexpected "freezes" of the workspace began to occur more often, and now I spend much more time doing my work because I often have to restart Photoshop.

I tried to update Photoshop to the latest version and use earlier versions, and I also tried to completely remove all Creative Cloud products and reinstall them. In addition, I checked and updated all the necessary drivers (including drivers for graphic tablet) and updated Windows, but none of this helped to solve this problem. 

The only more or less working solution is to uncheck Use Graphics Processor, but it is noticeable that affects the display in the workspace - the image looks sharper and pixelate, and it's lagging when zooming. Moreover, this precludes the use of some useful tools such as the Rotate Tool, no more Color Wheel when using the Eyedropper Tool. All this makes the work less comfortable...

As I can see, some people have already encountered a similar problem, and it is very sad that there is still no information on what could be the cause of this problem and how to solve it.

Thanks in advance to everyone who responds and shares a recommendation or their experience in solving this problem!

Information about my laptop:

Computer type - ACPI on x64 platform
Operating System - Windows 10 Home 20H2 (19042.685)
CPU Type - QuadCore Intel Core i5-7300HQ, 3300 MHz (33 x 100)
Motherboard Chipset - Intel Sunrise Point HM175, Intel Kaby Lake-H
Video Adapter - GeForce GTX 1050 (4 GB) + Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 (1 GB)
Driver Version - 27.21.14.6089 - nVIDIA ForceWare 460.89
DirectX - DirectX 12.0

RAM - 16 GB
Free space on Disk C - 67,1 GB
Free space on Disk D (Scratch Disk) - 397 GB

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?