Highlighted

PS CC 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error with sky replacement feature in PS cc 2021 
Edit > Sky Replacement > get message "Could not complete your request because the file was not found"

Was working on a number of images and the feature was working fine and then error message appears. Error message appears no matter what sky chosen

Mac running OSX 11 (Big Sur)

TIA 

Hello,

I had a similar issue and fixed it by uninstalling Photoshop through the Adobe Creative Cloud app. Then, I navigated to my profile folder on my Windows PC and renamed the old Photoshop 2021 folder. Note: I am taking about my user's profile folder NOT the default program files folder. I am sure there is something similar on the Mac too. Then, I reinstalled Photoshop using the Creative Cloud App and that fixed the issue. The second solution I tried BEFORE reinstalling Photoshop was to diagnose and identify the reason Photoshop 2021 complaint about not finding the sky files. I found that the sky file names Photoshop was trying to load was incorrect. I was able to replace two skies successfully but realzied replacing or renaming all the default skies would take forever. See the image below for details. As a result, I decided that reinstalling Photoshop was just faster. Again, after reinstalling Photoshop using the steps mentioned above and it fixed the issue. Can't tell you why this happened, but it's possible if you had Photoshop 2020, then installed PS 2021, and then uninstalled PS2020, that may have contributed to this issue. This is definitely a bug and hopefully Adobe's Dev team will see this message and address the defect in their app's registry reference.photoshop 2021 sky error.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PS CC 2021

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error with sky replacement feature in PS cc 2021 
Edit > Sky Replacement > get message "Could not complete your request because the file was not found"

Was working on a number of images and the feature was working fine and then error message appears. Error message appears no matter what sky chosen

Mac running OSX 11 (Big Sur)

TIA 

Hello,

I had a similar issue and fixed it by uninstalling Photoshop through the Adobe Creative Cloud app. Then, I navigated to my profile folder on my Windows PC and renamed the old Photoshop 2021 folder. Note: I am taking about my user's profile folder NOT the default program files folder. I am sure there is something similar on the Mac too. Then, I reinstalled Photoshop using the Creative Cloud App and that fixed the issue. The second solution I tried BEFORE reinstalling Photoshop was to diagnose and identify the reason Photoshop 2021 complaint about not finding the sky files. I found that the sky file names Photoshop was trying to load was incorrect. I was able to replace two skies successfully but realzied replacing or renaming all the default skies would take forever. See the image below for details. As a result, I decided that reinstalling Photoshop was just faster. Again, after reinstalling Photoshop using the steps mentioned above and it fixed the issue. Can't tell you why this happened, but it's possible if you had Photoshop 2020, then installed PS 2021, and then uninstalled PS2020, that may have contributed to this issue. This is definitely a bug and hopefully Adobe's Dev team will see this message and address the defect in their app's registry reference.photoshop 2021 sky error.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0