Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My event workflow is,

1) Replace file metadata with my template

2) Process images in Bridge/Raw

3) Open all images in RAW and save as 12mpx JPEG's quality 10

4) Batch the processed JPEGs using Image Processor to apply my watermark and copyright (Q 10)

5) Batch those process those images resizing to 1200x1200max (Q 8) for web/social media.

Usually, on my 2018 MacBook Pro (32GB, 6-core I7, 2.6GHz, APPLE SSD AP1024M, macOS 10.14.6 Mojave), the images open and close so fast in PS, (which, by the way is STILL MODAL and consumes my entire laptop while processing) that you can only see every 3rd or 4th image fly by on Step 4, and just a blur on Step 5.

But with 21.2, I can review each image for defects as I wait for the them to process in PS and save. Seriously. Even the downres sits open for a second. This is at LEAST 3-4 times slower than 21.1.3.

And yes, I have Legacy Compositing turned on.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, PART of the problem was I thought I was running the image processor against the saved images, but was processing the Nikon D850 (45Mpx) RAW files. It is still noticably slower, but not quite as bad as originally reported. However, the 12Mpx to 1200x1200 downres is still the same, so it is still at least twice as slow (half as fast?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and I was wrong about it being modal. Doesn't appear to be. Thank you for fixing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines