• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ps CC- Cannot see file size "Preview" Get error that image

Participant ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am coming from CS6. I cannor see the file size "Preview" box..but get this message instead:

"Preview and File Size are available for 8 bit images".

How do I change that to see file size?

Dpb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can either go to Image>Mode and click 8 Bits/Channel before saving as Jpeg or use File>Export>Save for Web.

Screenshot-(118).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Options already selected in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears this is a high bit (16-bit) document. It has to be converted to 8-bits per color just to create a JPEG so you may want to do that first to see the preview but I don't know how useful that is; Photoshop isn't all that accurate in providing this kind of information and it's an extra step (converting) you can forgo by simply saving this off as a JPEG. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response.

What you show is what I have.

Also involved with this problem, when my "Paint Brush" Tool is selected...the Cursor turns to a "Cancel" sign and becomes non functional. The "Screen Shot" shown does not show the cancel circle with line thru

On CS6 it works as it should. Select color fill...

The transitions from CS6 to CC is a bit rough for me! I am not critizing CC just an ollde fart!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Already 8bit......in the "File.Save AS" no jpeg option still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines