Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC does not start, missing DLL

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my PS CC refuses to start,

I'm on WIndows 7 Ultimate x64. Latest Photoshop CC app, recently updated via Adobe Create cloud desktop app.

2018-08-20_1914.png

Initially stated missing "winml.dll". I asked my friend to send me one. he found it on his Windows 10 (not on his Windows 7 Ultimate !!!) laptop.

Now my PS CC complains about "api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-2-1.dll". I have a feeling that if I happen to find that one it will require something else.

It is possible that it looks for the full content of some missing Vsiual C++ Redistributable package named vcredist_x64.exe, or maybe vc_redistx64.exe, or whatever similar name, but I can't find any of those either.

I have 2,000 images to process before the upcoming weekend, please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

found the DLL in question at www.sts-tutorial.com (OK, please don't start questioning my decision of downloading binaries from 3d party sites)

PS swallowed it whole and now is complaining about "api-ms-win-eventing-provider-l1-1-0.dll".

I got tired of this piece-meal process, downloaded a dependency walker from dependencywalker.com, pointed it to PS executable (sorry Adobe, I don't want to reverse engineer your cash cow, but I'm out of options), and it came with a nice tree of modules, including DLLs it could not find:

1. API-MS-WIN-CORE-COM-L1-1-0.DLL
  2. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ERROR-L1-1-0.DLL
  3. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-L1-1-0.DLL
  4. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-ROBUFFER-L1-1-0.DLL
  5. API-MS-WIN-CORE-WINRT-STRING-L1-1-0.DLL
  6. API-MS-WIN-SHCORE-SCALING-L1-1-0.DLL
  7. DCOMP.DLL
  8. GPSVC.DLL
  9. IESHIMS.DLL

Funnily enough, the eventing provider DLL PS was complaining about was even not on the list.

Anybody got any idea where to get those DLLs in one pack? Or maybe how to reinstall Adobe CC completely, because reinstalling PS does not seem to do anything?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to uninstall everything, used Adobe Creative cloud cleanup tool - same stuff. Same darn DLLs missing.

Adobe, you there? I was looking for customer support chat, only none to be found...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi try to update your windows i think that will solve that problem because you updated the software it has some new features that are related to new files not found in windows 7 may be windows update can fix it.

thank you

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was my first gut response, however, I am not aware of any reasonable way to do that, except reinstalling the whole damn thing over and thus losing all the configured apps I'm using. That would be several days ordeal, I'm still trying to consider something less drastic.

If you know of such a way, please advise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no run windows update not install windows 10 update other small updates which are related to windows 7 will help i think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish it was that simple...

2018-08-20_2208.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm you have to install windows 10 i think

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I don't fix this thing within the next couple of days I might have to, I hope it does not get to that. Kinda silly of performing major OS upgrade just because some 3d party app has a bad day...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes its important

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not wait any longer, so I pulled the plug and upgraded my W7 machine to W10.

All the problems gone.

Thank you for listening!

PS

Adobe: as a paying customer I really expected some attention. Apparently, I was too naive to get any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welcome always please mark answer correct .... thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh! How is the Win10 even a correct answer? It's like taking your BMW (with a busted exhaust) to the BMW dealership to have it fixed and a sales person there is like: "Here, buy this new car - et voila! We fixed your problem!"

LOL : )

Yeah, I'm having the same DLL-problem.

I tried downloading the Core Libary-loader-whatever-file from an online source (dll-files.com) but all that does is making the error go away and Photoshop not loading after the splash screen disappears. Tried uninstalling and installing Photoshop a number of times to no avail - and I don't want to run a CC cleaner and uninstalling every app only to re-install After effects, Premiere, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Audition, etc. But I guess that's what it'll come down to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe cleaner/reinstalling Photoshop didn't work. Uninstalling/reinstalling C++ didn't work. 

Just installing the missing dll does fix the System error box/missing dll, but Photoshop doesn't load past the splash screen. Sadness. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meh. Installed an older version from this site (worked fine): 

https://blog.smu.edu/itconnect/2019/12/18/access-older-versions-adobe-apps/

Guess it'll have to do until I get my new computer for work : ) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Thanks for this explanation. It worked for me. I had actually fixed this the same thing a year or two ago and forgot about this. I have now turned off automatic updates which should take care of the Camera Raw issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to update windows to 10. The problem is due to the new version of Camera Raw is not supported in win7. I had a similar issue and my PS (2019 CC 20.2.1) can open after rolling back to an older version of Camera Raw (from 13.1 to 12.2.1). You can have a try. Remember to close auto-upgrade in Creative Cloud to avoid this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thanks. Must try this.

It's cute that Adobe just cut the system requirements from the latest release :-r

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

cameraraw.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, you saved me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i saw that update come in this morning. you saved me so much crap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 'mason5DE3' and 'Phillip', that worked a treat, reinstalling 12.4, as 'mason5DE3' suggested, from the page linked by 'Phillip' solved the problem and Photoshop opens normally and works again.  I appreciate that you posted the solution here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same issue, this was the only thing that fixed it! Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sooo much!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, you saved me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG THANK YOU - this worked for me!!! So to recap for anyone else on Windows 7 whose Photoshop suddenly stops working due to the automatic update from Adobe Creative Cloud:

1. install an earlier version of Photoshop (21.2.4) following the instructions at https://blog.smu.edu/itconnect/2019/12/18/access-older-versions-adobe-apps/ (Install from Creative Cloud worked for me)
  2. download and install an earlier version of Camera Raw (12.4) from https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#HowtoinstallCameraRawplug... - this will overwrite the latest version.
  3. make sure you change your settings in Adobe Creative Cloud to NOT auto update so this doesn't happen again!!
  4. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines