Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CC: No swatch when selecting/change color

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

Below is what I expect to see, but when I change a color, below the "Recently Used Colors", I only see headings such as RGB, CYMK, Greyscale, with some colors laid out horizontally below each heading.

Where do I change the setting so that I can see a swatch like in the pic below? I don't need to see the headings.

Thanks in advance.

I amNoSwatchPS.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the gear and try either Append or Import (if you have a custom set).

If you see a folder, click on it to open it and display the enclosed swatches.

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 7.35.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Thank you for your reply. When I click 'append', it just adds the headings below the existing headings.

I have no custom swatches to import.

It's odd that a simple color swatch is not available when trying to change the color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop is in question? There were some changes how presets are organized in recent versions of Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 22.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you expect to see was preset organization in previous versions of Photoshop. At the moment you can create single group and drag all swatches that you need there. You can also save that group for later use. That is what comes to my mind, maybe someone else has better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply. I think that you are correct, because in previous versions of PS (going back a couple of months), the color swatch was available, but now it's not after some updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines