• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS:CC - Watermark at different image size and DPI?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My wife and I do photography together, and our cameras take images at different resolutions.

For Watermarking purposes, I used to be able to the Image Processor, and tell it to resize to a max dimension before adding the watermark via an action to place and align the watermark, and that would work to keep a uniform watermark across all our images.

However her new camera is taking photos at 300dpi, whereas mine is taking photos at 72dpi. The result is that when we run the image processor, the watermark is giant on her photos, and normal on my images.

Does anyone know a way to resolve this? The image processor resize doesn't give an option for DPI, and resizing via action I can't see how to tell it to change the DPI while keeping the current pixel dimensions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

I would create an action that adjust the dpi of the image so that they are the same. You can do this without resampling the image. Then you can run the action with Image Processor to get consistent results - Hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would create an action that adjust the dpi of the image so that they are the same. You can do this without resampling the image. Then you can run the action with Image Processor to get consistent results - Hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regnar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regnar _Y8A1037.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines