• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS crashes after quitting (reproduceable)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the last update for PS, direct after quitting PS the app crahses, reproduceable/always.

I use the newest version 21.1.0 on a MacBookPro (2016), newest MacOS.

Greetings,

Claus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, is it on a US english version, on an English MacOS 10.15.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

German PS, German MacOS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any 3rd party plug-ins installed? I see that some users that report a crash on quit are crashing inside an Extensis plug-in.

You can disable 3rd party plug-ins by holding down the "shift" key when you launch Photoshop.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, seems to be Suitcase. Disabled it and PS does not crash. Thanks for the hint

I have send a message to Extensis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for verifying and following up. I also logged a case with Extensis earlier today.

Jesper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with Extensis UniversalTypeClient (7.0.4).

French 21.1.0 on MacOS 10.13.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extensis could reproduce the bug and works on a fix.

Now I wonder why Adobe does not test with e.g. Suitcase (as it is a very popular plugin) or Adobe does not offer betas to e.g. Extensis. Maybe Adobe did but then Extensis does not test well enough ...

Well, the user has to find the bugs and even pays for it :-(!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extensis has identified an issue the latest version of Photoshop v21.1.x and our autoactivation plug-ins for Suitcase Fusion version 21.0.0. 

The solution at this time, is to roll back to a prior version of Photoshop version 21.0.x if you wish to continue to use Suitcase Fusion for auto-activating fonts in Photoshop. 

PLEASE NOTE - Suitcase Fusion and Photoshop will operate and function as normal if you click through the messaging. This message will appear upon opening and closing of a creative file. We still recommend using the prior version of Photoshop 21.0.x until we have resolved this issue. Or, use the link below to contact our Support Team for other options. 

We are working on an update to resolve this issue, and it should be avaialable shortly. If you wish to be contacted when this issue is resolved, please contact our Support Team using the following link:

https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, good to read that Extensis is working on a fix. Thank you!

I wonder if Adobe is offering beta versions to developers e.g. Extensis. If yes, why is Extensis not testing the beta? Or, why is Adobe not testing its new versions with popular plugins like e.g. Suitcase?!

Why is it the customer testing the software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I wonder if Extensis gets beta versions of e.g. PS to test their plugin?

Greetings

Claus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, our Development team does receive access to certain Adobe releases. However, I cannot speak to the minor 'dot' updates, as these are more frequent for Adobe than full version updates. 

As with most software companies, frequent iteration is necessary to keep development moving forward. Sometimes moving one piece can cause other pieces not to work. It is an unfortunate, but necessary part of the process. 

I will update this post once the Suitcase Fusion update is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines