• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PS CS6 & Master collection programs need support/fixes / MacOS Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to MacOS Catalina. Master collection that I own are not operable and wont open. I really need PS CS6, Bridge & Dreamweaver and the others to operate, they show a circle with a line through them.    I have a Mac book pro mid 2014. I really need dreamwaver and photoshop to continie working. Help!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

I did a quick search and found an article that says Catalina will not support CS6 versions:

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2019/08/28/macos-10-15-catalina-will-adobe-software-work/#preCC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

> I upgraded to MacOS Catalina... I really need PS CS6, Bridge & Dreamweaver and the others to operate

Not. Going. To. Happen. There will be no updates for those versions to make them compatible with Catalina.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

"Are legacy or perpetual versions of Photoshop compatible with macOS Catalina?
No, legacy/perpetual versions of Photoshop were not designed or tested to work on macOS 10.15 (Catalina). They are not supported in any w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick search and found an article that says Catalina will not support CS6 versions:

https://blog.conradchavez.com/2019/08/28/macos-10-15-catalina-will-adobe-software-work/#preCC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I upgraded to MacOS Catalina... I really need PS CS6, Bridge & Dreamweaver and the others to operate

Not. Going. To. Happen. There will be no updates for those versions to make them compatible with Catalina.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

"Are legacy or perpetual versions of Photoshop compatible with macOS Catalina?
No, legacy/perpetual versions of Photoshop were not designed or tested to work on macOS 10.15 (Catalina). They are not supported in any way for use on macOS Catalina.

Adobe does not recommend that customers using old versions of Photoshop upgrade to macOS Catalina."

If you want to run CS6 and other legacy apps, do not upgrade to Catalina.

If you want to upgrade, you'll need to:

1. Sign up for a Creative Cloud plan
  2. Wait until Adobe releases Catalina-ready versions of their apps (could be during Adobe Max in November)
  3. Then install the latest Cloud versions of the apps you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have to downgrade. I hope you keep regular Time Machine backups.

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-downgrade-macos-catalina-to-macos-mojave/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The really interesting thing that may catch many people out is not that old versions of Photoshop won't work (sorry, you SHOULD have expected or checked for that) but that all old filters and plug-ins for Photoshop will stop working too. Only plug-ins/filters that are being actively developed are going to be updated, and the rest are forever dead to Catalina users. (This is nothing to do with 32-bit or 64-bit apps, which the Mac press has been full of).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't the Catalina installer specifically say "The following recently used apps .. will not work" or words to that effect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to run it under Catalina:

Two ways to launch it:

1. Right-click on 'Photoshop CS6.app' then click 'Show Package Contents'
2. Navigate via Contents -> MacOS
3. Open the unix file 'Adobe Photoshop CS6'

Or if you run this from a terminal:
/Applications/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe\ Photoshop\ CS6 ; exit;

This has not been tested so your milage may vary.

Why did Adobe sell CS6 as a 64 bit app when it has components that are 32 bit?  Will Adobe release the 64 bit components to make CS6 truly 64 bit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. CS6 was replaced by CC six years ago. They stopped selling CS6 a while back with the warning that it will never be updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is more to working in Catalina than 64 bit support. No older CC apps will install either. If you upgrade old apps might work for a while but they will stop, and Apple will block reinstalling. Apple are determined that you buy all new apps, and I imagine Adobe aren’t too unhappy with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A pox on both their houses -- I just bought Affinity Photo which works just great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They also sold it as a 64 bit app which obviously it is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines